Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dusting it Off

This blog has fallen asleep. I'm wondering if it's just because we're busy, if you all have other great avenues for spiritual discussion, or if we've become spiritually dusty. Or it could be something else all together.

I've been thinking about blessings. I loved the blessing I had before I gave birth, and felt its strength while in labor.

Now, my baby is very sick. He's already been to the doctor once, but we don't really know what to do for him. He's in so much pain, it breaks my heart.

I'm wondering what kind of faith I have in blessings right now. Do I have enough faith in healing to bless my baby, or is my faith so shaped by past experience that I will require an LDS priesthood holder to bless him? I don't know. I DO have faith in blessings... I've been healed, and I have witnessed miraculous things. I believe the power comes from a unity of spirit, as well as faith - in this case the ability to convince our own minds that we can heal. Our minds are amazingly powerful tools, often under-used.

How do I develop the strength of mind to send healing peace to my son?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk to your dad.

4/28/2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger luminainfinite said...

wow.

this is real stuff.

wow.

I say do both...bless him yourself and have a priesthood holder bless him.

I'll add my blessing and prayers to the air.

5/03/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Amberlynn said...

anonymous, why not my mom?

5/03/2006 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber because you said this:

"Do I have enough faith in healing to bless my baby, or is my faith so shaped by past experience that I will require an LDS priesthood holder to bless him?"

5/03/2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger Amberlynn said...

If you mean to ask my father to bless him... my father lives on the other side of the Atlantic.

I'm sorry, but I'm still confused by your answer.

5/05/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm an LDS mother who has lost my daughter and had a miscarage just recently and I feel your struggle...I agree with Lumi, The power of a mothers prayer has no bounds. Go to him and pour your heart out to him...talk to him like he's sitting next to you. Do your part by following what has been asked of you. Read your scriptures, say your prayers and go to your meetings.
Life, I thought, was going to be easy, but the lord tries so that he can prove you and sanctify you. this is one of those times.
Alma 32:21

5/19/2006 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home