Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lumina's thoughts lately

I went running today...

that feeling afterwards, when I my heart is still pumping, and a little bead of sweat trickles over my forehead, down my nose, to my chin, while I bend in a stretch...

the blood flowing through stagnant places...

the feeling of my shoulders and neck muscles loosening while I bend over to touch the ground...

this is spiritual for me...

i need some yoga.

I wonder why the church doesn't have a physical component beyond the Word of Wisdom, or does that embody it all?

I'm so pleased with how many Mormons I have met lately who recognize the truth in alternative medicine.

I'm so dissapointed in how many Mormons I know who give me a look of shock when I say that I went to the Jim-jil bang, which is the Korean sauna. Yes, all the women are naked in the same room. And it's okay. Why is nakedness so shocking?! That's one other thing that I wonder...why the secrecy and privacy of the temple dressing rooms?

Nakedness is spiritual too. Especially outdoor nakedness. Emily Potter wrote a beautiful short story about Eve, that I would like for her to post here.

I'm still working on the Book of Mormon challenge. It's hard, I get grossed out but I also feel a sense of peace and blessings.

The moon is a very powerful spiritual symbol for me. Maybe you should have Spiritual Discussion Group once a month, under the full moon.

I had a very strong spritual prompting two Sundays ago, as I prepared for leading Primary Music. I felt that God gave me the absolutely most enjoyable calling in the entire ward, just to be nice to me, because he knows how hard church has been for me lately.

I love Primary.



This is a picture of me being called to repentance.


Oh, and here is something else I should repent for...ha ha



I feel really blessed actually, looking at this photo, thinking of that night, knowing how the law of chastity has blessed my life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Redbeard said...

Hello, Lumina, I just want to thank you for refusing to participate in gingerbread camouflage. It is nice to know that some people can still take a stand against absurdity.

Also, I am glad that you take my homosexuality comment in stride. Beyond stating what I think, which I have already done, I don't intend to debate the issue. My sense is that you, and others, have probably been exposed to a variety of perspectives on the matter. If this is a bad assumption, and you feel like my postion has not been adequately represented, then please let me know.

11/09/2005 8:48 PM  
Blogger luminainfinite said...

I just know that I can't argue with everyone who feels that homosexuality is negative, because there are too many people.
what I can do is keeping being myself, honest and true.
And you will be too, and then...

sigh...I don't know...somethings gotta give about the whole thing

and then we can hold hands and know the truth together...really I mean that...

it doesn't help for us to let it divide us

my whole raison d'etre with the homosexuality and church is Unity

the way Ghandi told opposing religious enemies to truly love each other, despite their differences...

I won't be a Mormon separated from others anymore

Possibility
Unity
Gratitude.

11/10/2005 7:26 AM  
Blogger Redbeard said...

I think it takes a lot of work not to be seperated from others...

11/10/2005 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home