Saturday, June 10, 2006

I've Made a Change!!!

I just went ahead and did it! If you disagree, please let me know, please say I shouldn't have changed the settings and that I had not the right...

No more anonymous posts. My reasoning is this: I think this blog used to have a lot of potential, but frankly I find the conversations lacking. I also suggest to the group to consider having the comment settings as "only registered members" as this might allow us to engage in conversation that is productive and thought-producing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amberlynn said...

I've also made the change I threatened... all comments come to my email for approval before being posted here. Your change may have this unnecessary, though, so I'll possibly change it back.

To be honest with everyone, I'm pretty dissapointed, overall.

But FYI, I'm likely headed to the Unitarian church for the second week in a row tomorrow morning.

6/11/2006 12:18 AM  
Blogger Stargirl said...

I'd like to go with you to church sometime, if that's okay. I agree with you about the change; refer to my latest comment on the previous post (I commented before reading this one!).

6/11/2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

I am an infrequent reader of this blog. But today I was really 'shocked' to read the exchange that took place a couple posts ago about that church announcement--which, incidently, I didn't hear.

I grew up Unitarian, spent 12 years in the Mormon Church, and now am undecided.

I guess I just want to say that I'm sad that what was intended to be a safe place for people to express and exchange thoughts became such an unfriendly place. I also wonder why if someone disagrees so much why they waste their time ranting and raving about it and getting so angry. Just stop reading the blog. If it's not for you, then don't read it.

I hope that for the people who created this blog can re-create it into the experience that they are looking for. Good luck.

7/03/2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger Stargirl said...

Thank you, Ruthie. You are welcome here anytime. :)

7/03/2006 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home