Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm getting Mormoner

and Mormoner

it's scaring me
but it feels good

I've been meeting with my bishop
and repenting
which is such a strange feeling
because I'm not sure I believe in it at all
but it still feels good
and so I'm going there

One thing I'm afraid of about this
is that I will get boring

that I will get content and blessed and comfortable
and begin to insulate my life against anything that "takes away the Spirit"
and lose touch with the world outside of Mormonism

I stand for unity
I am unity

so, this experiment will continue

this weekend it was good good to be with a lot of Mormons
and to feel some burning in my bosom
as the Mission President spoke to us
I love seeing men cry
it is so beautiful and moving and tender

I tried to read the book of Mormon on the way home on the bus but fell asleep
but I'm reading 2 Ne. 4, where Nephi finally sounds humble.

Humbled.
That is the word for how I felt at church this Sunday.
Humbled.

and Blessed.

3 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

Lumina,
You'll never be boring. Ever. You are the antithesis of boredom. As long as you stand for unity you will help the world outside of Mormonism touch Mormons. That is an invaluable service that you'll be rendering. You are a bridge. Whatever vehicle you find that takes you into happiness, it's the right one. I love you mormoner or not!

11/22/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Jason and Emily said...

I agree with Paul. But don't worry, if you ever are boring, I'll tell you.

11/25/2005 1:29 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

when i was going through similar feelings (well, the FIRST time i experienced those feelings) i was scared that i would become someone i was not.
i then embraced the idea that what God really wants for me is to feel happy.
i don't think i'd be happy if i weren't "me" so i guess i figured i would just have to learn how to be "me" while being mormon.
i still haven't fully figured out how to balance the idea and sometimes i wonder if i'm just feeding myself a bunch of crap. either way, it keeps me going and helps me avoid becoming "boring."
uck. gross.

12/02/2005 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home