Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What is Spiritual Discussion?

What is it's definition to you?

For me:

A place to SHARE (not debate) spiritual views and opinions, to expose myself to others possibly opposing viewpoints, and broaden my understanding.

This can be scary, and create huge vulnerabilities.

What will you do to keep it "safe" without denying yourself the opportunity to share?

I will:

Pledge to work for understanding, especially when I disagree. When I do disagree, and feel the need to comment on it, I will first explore why I disagree and try to understand further by asking questions. I will double check myself to ensure they my responses show support, are not argumentative, and do not invalidate others' views. I seek to explore, to understand, and to share. Simply, openly, honestly. (Honesty need never exclude kindness.)

1 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

I agree completely. I don't know that I have always followed this statement, but I think you nailed it. I'm going to work on being less argumenative and thinking more about why I disagree, and asking questions before I state my opinion.

1/03/2006 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home